The Ang Mo Kio FMC offers you and your family a variety of healthcare services and medical facilities under one roof. Our services include:
We treat and manage a wide range of common conditions including: Common cold and flu, Aches and pains, Gastric discomfort, etc.
The Community Health Assist Scheme (CHAS) covers the treatment of chronic diseases such as:
• Hypertension (High Blood pressure)
• Lipid Disorders (e.g. High cholesterol)
• Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
• Major Depression
• Bipolar Disorder
• Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
• Parkinson’s Disease
Diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol and asthma are the more common chronic conditions handled at the AMK FMC.
Diabetic Foot Screening (DFS)
A trained nurse will do diabetic foot screening. Early identification and intervention will help prevent complications and reduce the risk of amputation.
Diabetic Retinal Photography (DRP)
Diabetic Retinal Photography (DRP) screening is available to detect retinopathy and prevent blindness. The DRP screening is carried out by trained nurses.
Dietitians provide nutrition therapy to patients with a variety of health conditions, and develop individual plans for the patient and family members/caregivers.
The various treatment procedures include nebulisation for acute asthma attacks, wound dressing and the removal of stitches.
Our pharmacists dispense and can help manage your medications, as well as provide advice on travel health needs, smoking cessation, anticoagulation therapy and other chronic conditions. The full list of services include:
- Dispense prescription medicines
- Conduct medication check-up *
- Manage anticoagulation therapy *
- Counsel on malaria prevention *
- Counsel on smoking cessation *
- Advise on travel health
- Advise on use of medicinal products
- Advise on home monitoring devices
- Attend to drug information enquiries
* On appointment basis only
Phlebotomy, Electrocardiogram and basic lab tests are performed by a trained medical technologist to provide doctors accurate and timely lab results for diagnosis.